- The town of Salemburg was founded on the basis of religion and education.
- Salem Baptist Church was organized on June 4, 1848 and relocated to present site in 1864.
- Salem Baptist Church became Salemburg Baptist Church around 1900.
- The present brick building was constructed in 1924.
- The first high school in Sampson County ( Salem Academy) was founded in Salemburg in 1874.
- The Town of Salemburg was founded in 1894 and incorporated February 21, 1905.
- The first post office was established in 1900.
- Salemburg was named the first Model Community in the USA in 1914.
- The Salemburg Freewill Baptist Church was organized in 1953.
- The North Carolina Justice Academy, located in Salemburg, was established in 1974.
- The Town of Salemburg’s Municipal Building was opened on January 1, 1990.
- Tarheel ChalleNGe Academy relocated to Salemburg in 2000.
- Salemburg Elementary School relocated in a new building August 7, 2000.
- Carolina Pines Community Health Center opened in Salemburg October 8, 2001.
- Dedication of 100 foot aerial platform fire truck and ground breaking ceremony for new fire station in Salemburg May 7, 2002.
- Town of Salemburg Centennial Celebration was February 21, 2005
- Laurel Lakes Campground and Music Park opened 2005.
Electricity is provided by Progress Energy Carolinas, Incorporated and South River Electric Membership Corporation. Embarq provides phone service. StarVision Incorporated provides cable service. Salemburg provides fire and police protection, as well as water, sewer, and sanitation services.
Salemburg Baptist Church
Salemburg Pentecostal Freewill Baptist Church
New Light AME Zion Church
Evergreen United Holy Church
North Carolina Justice Academy
Tarheel ChalleNGe Academy
Salemburg Elementary School
Tom Thumb Academy
The Royal Home